TOP 10 WAYS YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
IN THE FIGHT AGAINST DIABETES
1. Make a donation. Not only is your gift tax-deductible, it will make a significant difference in the search for a cure. Whether a one-time gift or a major gift paid over 5 years, every gift brings us closer to the cure.
2. Volunteer. JDRF is always in need of energetic volunteers to help make our special events a success. You can join a planning committee for the Walk, Gala, or other special event or volunteer at an upcoming event.
3. Get your company involved. Many companies generously offer gift programs, where they will match or even double employee contributions to JDRF. Perhaps your company might consider sponsoring one of our events, building a Walk team, donating an auction item to our Gala or participating in our Sneaker Sales or Dine for Diabetes campaigns. You never know until you ask!
4. Become an advocate. Government Relations advocates focus on securing resources and policies that will advance us toward a cure for diabetes. Write a letter to your congressman or make a phone call to your senator. These are the people who make the important healthcare decisions for this country.
5. Host a third party event. Hold your own event to raise funds for JDRF. Organize a softball game, cocktail party or garage sale with the proceeds benefiting JDRF. What better way to get the word out about the importance of diabetes research? Visit our third party fundraiser page to learn more or Click here to register your event now!
6. Join the memorial and tribute program. Remember a loved one or celebrate a special occasion with a gift in memory or in honor of a loved one. Are you having a birthday or anniversary party? Encourage your guests to donate to JDRF in lieu of bringing gifts.
7. Contribute your services. Are you a graphic designer? Skilled at photography? Have a band? Own a restaurant? Donate your services to JDRF or lend us your space for a fundraising event. These donations save JDRF money and help us use more of what we raise to fund our mission.
8. Make a planned gift. Help ensure the future of diabetes research by including JDRF as a beneficiary of your estate.
9. Reach out. Help build awareness about JDRF and diabetes by volunteering to staff booths or make presentations at health fairs, community forums or at speaking engagements.
10. Spread the word. Let your friends, neighbors and co-workers know how important diabetes research is to you and your family, and that you support JDRF. Remember that more than 80 percent of every dollar JDRF raises goes directly to critical diabetes research and research-related education.
Your support of JDRF takes us one step closer to finding a cure!